Scholarship Sunday, June 14, 2015, celebrates the academic achievements of Trinity United Church of Christ members who are pursing scholarly endeavors as well as those who have graduated from an educational institution in 2015.
2015 TUCC Graduate Recognition Ceremony
Trinity recognizes and honors its members who have completed elementary, high school, undergraduate, graduate and professional programs of study. TUCC member graduates are encouraged to participate in the Graduate Recognition Ceremony. In order to participate, Trinity 2015 graduates MUST submit a completed Graduate Recognition Form to the Scholarship and Education Committee by 6:00 pm on Wednesday, May 13, 2015.
2015 TUCC Scholarship Awards Ceremony
Trinity members are encouraged to apply for various church-sponsored, family and organization scholarship awards. The eligibility criteria for each scholarship are listed on the succeeding pages. Overall requirements for consideration of a scholarship award are listed below:
- Applicants MUST be members of Trinity UCC for at least one year
- Applicants may submit only one application and be considered for only one scholarship award.
- Applicants must submit a completed Ministry or Community Service Verification Form* signed by an authorized ministry partner indicating current participation in the respective ministry or community service organization official
- Students attending college out of town may participate in Adopt A Student as their Ministry
- Applicants must submit current official transcripts and test scores with application as specified by the respective scholarship when submitted.
- All required essays must be typed double spaced, using 12 pt. font size
- It is solely the responsibility of the applicant applying for a scholarship to ensure all required documentation is received by the deadline. Late and/or incomplete applications are ineligible and will not be considered by the committee.
Renewable Scholarship Requirements
- Applicants may reapply for scholarships designated as renewable for up to the specified years of renewal excluding the initial scholarship award. Use Renewal Application Form for renewal consideration.
- B” GPA equivalent or better is required for consideration of all renewable scholarships
- Click here for important information on Scholarship Funding Distribution Requirements
Graduate Recognition Forms and Scholarship applications must be received by the Scholarship and Education Committee on Wednesday, May 13, 2015 – 6:00 pm at the church Mailroom- Attention: Scholarship Committee or submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All graduates, scholarship applicants, or family representatives must be present on Scholarship Sunday, June 14, 2015. All graduates, scholarship applicants or family representatives must check-in Wright Chapel no later than 1:30 p.m. SCHOLARSHIPS WILL NOT BE AWARDED IF THE WINNING APPLICANT OR A FAMILY REPRESENTATIVE IS NOT PRESENT TO ACCEPT THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD.
Questions? Contact the Committee at 773-962-5650, ext 2307 or email:email@example.com
Rev. Barbara J. Allen Scholarship - For Such a Time as This!
Applicants for this scholarship must be 35 years old or older who are currently enrolled in college to complete his/her first baccalaureate degree after an extended period of absence. At the time of application, applicants must have completed at least one course and currently registered to continue study at an accredited college or university. The scholarship is renewable annually for up to three (3) years. Applicants must submit:•Current official college/university transcripts •Current college/university registration verification •Submit a 300-400 word essay responding to the topic: “My Pursuit of Education and how it affects the Church Family and the African American Community” •The 2015 Ministry Verification Form When applying for a Renewal Scholarship, please use the Renewal Application Form and submit this application with all previously stated documentation. Download Application
Lucille Ellison/Kathryn Brown Memorial Scholarship
Applicants must be graduating high school students. Consideration will be given to applicants with less than a “B” GPA. Applicants must submit: •Current official high school transcript and ACT/SAT test scores •Copy of acceptance letter from the college/university you plan to attend •Two (2) letters of recommendation from: 1. Adult member of Trinity U.C.C. 2. Teacher or counselor. •The 2015 Ministry Verification Form Download Application
Dr. Manford J. Bryd, Jr. Scholarship
Applicants must be currently enrolled college students (2nd year thru graduate level). The award is renewable for up to three (3) years. Applicants must submit:•Current official college/university transcript •300-500 word essay on the Black Value System •Two (2) letters of recommendation from: 1. Adult member of Trinity U.C.C. 2. School counselor or advisor. •The 2015 Ministry Verification Form When applying for a Renewal Scholarship, please use the Renewal Application Form and submit this application with all previously stated documentation. Download Application
Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Scholarship
Rupert Graham, Sr. Award
JordyCakes “Follow Your Dream” Scholarship
Cheryl Guyton Memorial Scholarship
Timothy Lucas Harper Continuing a Male Legacy Memorial Scholarship
Member of Trinity •The 2015 Ministry Verification Form Download Application
Joseph W. Evans - Struggling Artist Memorial Scholarship
Dr. Jeffrey P. Radford Memorial Scholarship
Elsie Benita Haines Memorial Scholarship
Herald and Delores Johnson Memorial Scholarship
Dwain Phillip Lubin Engineering Scholarship
Mildred Chapman Memorial Scholarship
Eva Mae Warfield-Johnson Memorial Scholarship
Rev. Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright, Jr. / Deacon Don Moody Scholarship
Swanegan Memorial Teacher's Scholarship
Dr. Mary Henderson Wright Scholarship
The Joseph A. Stroud Scholarship
Recognizes undergraduate, graduate and post graduate students in journalism, print media, radio/TV production or a related field. Applicants must submit: •Current official college or university transcript •300-word essay which addresses “How a Degree in Media Will Help the African-American Community.” •One (1) letter of recommendation from a professor or advisor •The 2015 Ministry Verification Form Download Application